As a member-run organization, IABC/DC Metro depends on its volunteer leaders to keep the chapter going. From putting on our professional development programs to being a face for our chapter, volunteers are the backbone of our organization.
- Why do they volunteer? Active members say that volunteering:
- Strengthens their current skills;
- Provides them the chance to gain new skills;
- Makes them better at their jobs;
- Helps them find better/new jobs!;
- Provides a network of peers who can give them advice;
- Introduces them to new people, friends and connections;
- Gives them a chance to have fun;
- Lets them try new things; and
- Gives them an outlet for their creative ideas.
We are very grateful for the contribution that our volunteers make to IABC/DC Metro year after year. While not everyone can commit to a large project or a regular schedule of meetings, you can get involved in a number of ways:
- Be a greeter at monthly meetings
- Participate in our Silver Inkwell awards judging
- Contribute to the chapter’s e-newsletter
- Help promote IABC/DC Metro to area organizations and institutions, employers and students
- Support us in our social media efforts
- Use your connections to help the chapter with sponsors, speakers and advertisers.
Interested? Your membership will be worth what you put into it, so take the time to make it valuable. Contact Katy Pultz for more information about volunteering and specific opportunities.