Resume or Digital Portfolio: Which Gets the Interview?
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Networking 8:00-8:30; program 8:30-9:45
The days of paper resumes are done. In today’s digital world, job seekers are creating personal websites or utilizing LinkedIn to showcase their professional endeavors to potential employers. The May Communication Forum will explore current resume trends and best practices for those seeking to advance their careers. We’ll discuss:
- Current resume practices
- Current formatting best practices
- How many years of job history to include
- How employer expectations are shifting away from print/paper resumes and toward personal, portfolio websites and LinkedIn profiles
Who Can Benefit:
- Entry-level and more senior communicators applying for next-level positions.
- Job titles: Communication and marketing coordinators, managers and directors
IABC DC Chapter Members: $20
Non-IABC members: $30
Location: The HON Company, located at 1101 Connecticut Ave NW #300, Washington, DC 20036
Getting there by Metro: The HON Company is located directly above the Farragut North Metro entrance/exit.
Getting there by car: Parking is available near the HON Company, including Momentum Parking on L St. (Note: Parking validation is not available.)
About Our Speakers:
- Susy Howard, Principal, The McCormick Group, Inc., where she serves as the leader of the communications and public relations group and is responsible for conducting searches for senior communications positions for a diverse range of Fortune 500 companies, associations, and public relations firms.
- Alicia Aebersold, Senior Vice President at the non-profit National Council for Behavioral Health, where she has worked since September 2014, and has a proven track record proven managing large, diverse, and productive teams.